The following companies require Master Logging Companies on their job sites:
American Electric Power - Brian Borer (740) 588-3193
Glatfelter - Jeff Hoselton (888) 609-8733
Muskingum Watershed Conservancy District - Clayton Rico (877) 363-8500 x 2704
Ohio Dept. of Natural Resources - Division of Forestry - Nathan Jester (740) 774-1596
The Ohio Forestry Association maintains a Safety Training and Voluntary Certification Program for Logging Contractors and their employees. The following requirements are necessary for the Ohio Voluntary Master Logging Companies:
- Each trained logger is trained to use Best Management Practices (BMPs) to reduce soil erosion and improve the appearance of timber harvesting activities.
- Each Trained logger is trained to employ safe and efficient timber cutting and logging safety practices.
- Each trained logger has current certification in First Aid and CPR. (Online courses NOT accepted)
- The Company maintains Workers' Compensation coverage on employees.
- The Company provides liability coverage on request.
- Each trained logger must participate in advanced training and periodic recertification training.
- The Company must be member of local logger's chapter and be represented at at least three (3) meetings each year.
- The Company must be a member of the Ohio Forestry Association, Inc.
2016 Training Calendar
Find a Master Logger
Logger Chapter Meeting Sign In Sheet